Prosperity Fellowship

Prosperity Fellowship is a joint effort by the members of the Prosperity Challenge Yahoo Group. This blog is my rendition of what I do to the families.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Round : The Rosadas


Image hosting by Photobucket

Round 1: The Rosadas


Well, a colorful family to say the least. When I first put the hood together, I didn't realize that Amethyst and Aquamarine were teens. Wow! That would have changed the neighborhood story somewhat. So here we are with two teen girls raising their three toddler sisters. And trying to go to school.

Image hosting by Photobucket

As soon as I open the lot, the Fortune Sim, Amythest, puts down her little sister and picks up the newspaper. I see she is all business. Nope, no reading that paper. I make her look for a job. After building the girls a very simple house, they have about $1300 left. I knew that would go quickly. Amythest lands a job in the Athletic Career field, giving her $97 a day. Enough to pay the nanny so she and her sister Aquamarine can go to school. It worked.


Image hosting by Photobucket

But not without exhaustion. By the time Wednesday night came around so all the toddlers could grow up, Amethyst was stinkin' pretty good. No time at all to bathe for either her or Aquamarine. When all the babies grew up, two of them were stinking too. So, the girls 'rented' a shower and put it in the bedroom until everyone had cleaned up. Both the tub and the shower were in use. Sold the shower back before midnight.


Image hosting by Photobucket

It seemed like most of the household duties fell on Aquamarine's shoulders since Amethyst brought home the paycheck. Between that and doing homework, and helping her little sisters do their homework, she had little time for socializing, and constantly let me know. One day, a boy walks by the house.


Image hosting by Photobucket

While James Jenkins is a Romance Sim, and Aquamarine is a Family Sim, at least they could talk. No bolts here. In fact, it took talking on the phone clear up to a daily score of 87 before the friendship icon appeared for Aquamarine. But at least she was getting social exposure with another teen instead of one of the adults in Fellowship. Her sister Amethyst was always too tired to talk.


Image hosting by Photobucket

But, by the time the next Monday rolled around, a few simple wants were fulfilled over the weekend, and the two were acting more like sisters instead of parents. I had the girls call out for their scholarships. They got the orphan fund, and the Scholar Grant. Good goin'!

POINTS this round: Zilch! Yeah!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bubbs said...

Wow - your family looks to have gone a little smoother than mine. Love the stinky part, lol.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Alexis said...

Wow, that went smoother than my Rosada family it appears. Both my girls skipped school to take care of the lil' ones and I think they ended up with D report cards. The teens were definitely acting like sisters at the end though--while yours give each other friendly noogies, mine enjoyed pillow fights.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Katie said...

So I ended up cancelling my download anyway, because I don't know if I could handle all these sims! Still reading your blog, though.

1:07 PM  
Blogger ASimWen said...

Awww sure you could handle these families. Join the Prosperity Yahoo Group for support and playing hints!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Simaholic said...

Good work with these guys. I'm sure they were quite the challenge. I'd love to give this a try but I just don't have the time right now with everything else going on. But I am enjoying reading about them :o)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I love renting showers. And toilets. Very useful when you have five sims to get to school/do their homework.

Well done on the grades though - mine still hover around the B mark after week 1

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home